The purpose of the School Community Council is:
- To build consistent and effective communication.
- To allow parents an opportunity to be actively involved in their children's education.
- To enhance academic excellence at the school and address the needs of students.
- Discuss school programs and issues.
- Develop a School Improvement Plan.
- Develop a School Land Trust Program.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a Staff Development Plan.
- Advise and make recommendations to school and District administrators and to the School Board when appropriate.
The public is invited to attend our SCC meetings. If you would like to address the council, please contact the school's principal or chairperson of the committee. All meetings take place in the school's Main Office Conference room on specific Thursdays at 5:00 PM. Meeting dates are posted on the school calendar on the homepage.
Dates for Future Meetings:
January 28, 2021
March 18, 2021
May 6, 2021
WJMS Landtrust Information:
School Community Council Members 2020 - 2021:
|Dixie Garrison||Principal||JoLynne DiFrancesco||Parent|
|Georgia Wing||Assistant Principal||Stephanie Berg||Parent|
|Karen Moore||Teacher/Secretary||Megan Myers||Parent|
|William Shields||Teacher/Vice-Chair||Jessica Navarro||Parent|
|Karen Williams||Counselor||Michelle Whitchurch||Parent|
|Lisa Morey||Librarian||Andrea Robinson||Parent|
|Jeanette Gudgell||Parent/Chair||Melanie Quinney||Parent|
|Thomas Gudgell||Student||Cheri Rios||Parent|
|Colleen Ruff||Lion Lunch||Janiece Atwood||Parent|
|Wendy Brown||Parent||Kelly West||Parent|
SCC Rules of Order:
Minutes of Past SCC Meetings:
|WJMS SCC 2019-20||WJMS 2019-2020 TSSA Plan|
|WJMS SCC 2018-19||WJMS 2019-2020 Landtrust Plan|
|WJMS SCC 2017-18||SCC Final Report 18-19|
|WJMS SCC 2016-17|